Monday, November 7, 2011

ROSA ACOSTA

VERDAD & DOMINACION BY MII

LCN: Hi Rosa, glad to have you back again. How’s everything been for you this year?
ROSA: Even better than last year! Thanks for having me again.

LCN: What were you doing before you sat down to do the interview?
ROSA: I just got back from a casting for a vodka company. They ended up calling me back but I’m not available the dates they want me.

LCN: Damn, that sucks. Hey I’ve been wanting to ask you since the last time we talked… What was up with that “wet one” Amber Rose planted on you, or did you plant it on her?
ROSA: Nothing, we are just friends...

LCN: Word. Okay Rosa, you’re a very accomplished Supermodel. Before the modeling, you danced. Are you still active in ballet dancing when away from the cameras? ROSA: No I’m not training anymore. I did dance for over 18 years; the last 4 were professionally with the Ballet Nacional Dominicano. My days as a classical ballet dancer are over. I do take jazz, hip hop, modern and Latin dance classes.

LCN: Are you still interested in creating a dance school for young girls?
ROSA: I had a Ballet School back in Dominican Republic. That’s one job you can not do only for the money. Having to admit students just because they are going to pay you knowing they don’t have any talent, or the figure to become a dancer will take away the best of the job. Being an artist can not be only commercial. Of course you need to pay the bills but if you are not enjoying it you can’t do it. With that being said I won’t have a dance school. I could because I am certified to do so; but it is not in my plans.

LCN:So what is it about your personality and your upbringing that made you so passionate about modeling?
ROSA: Modeling is not on the list of things I’m more passionate about. Of course I enjoy modeling and I try my best to do a great job. But like I said before, I didn’t start modeling because I wanted to pursue it. It just happened for me. I’m taking advantage of it. I’m having a great time and making money.


LCN: The Urban modeling industry has a fine share of models from the Dominican Republic. What lured most of these beautiful ladies over to the U.S.?
ROSA: I can’t speak for any of the other beautiful ladies that you are talking about. They were probably born or/and raised in U.S so living here wasn’t their decision. As for myself my mother came here when I was 11 years old, so I was just waiting to finish College and my contract with the Ballet Nacional Dominicano to reunite with her and my brother.

LCN: I see you was feature in the new issue of Smooth Magazine Warrior Princess Edition. How fun was that for you to work with 50 Cent?
ROSA: It was great. It’s always a pleasure for me to work with him. My first time working with him was at a video shoot for the song “Funeral Music”; I later did the “Ok You’re Right” music video and also the XXL Eye Candy of the Year shoot with him (XXL Magazine). But this time it was different because he was actually behind the camera. 50 Cent was the photographer for the whole issue. I think he did an amazing job.



LCN: Can you elaborate on your most recent features with Kay Slay’s Straight Stunnin and Show Magazine? ROSA:  Yes, Kay Slay was actually one of the first ones to give me the opportunity to be on a Magazine, so it was just a matter of time for me to do the cover of SSM. One of the things I love about Straight Stuntin Magazine is that is one of the biggest and most selling Magazines in jail. So I see it as a way to connect with my fans that unfortunately are there. We shot in NYC with photographer Frank Antonio and got a great response from the fans.



Rosa continues: As for Show Magazine, I shot for it last year. But it wasn’t until now that my cover was published. I was actually 20 pounds bigger.  That's the largest I’ve ever been in my life. I was about 150 pounds. I love how the pictures turn out... but I’m glad that I’m back in shape!



LCN: I was surprised that you weren’t primarily featured in Blackmen 40 on 40 Latina Edition; only as an honorable mention… Were you even considered?
ROSA:  I’m on the cover of three magazines right now; I don’t think it would be ideal for me to also be on Blackmen Magazine as well... The other girls need to eat too!

 
LCN: Classy move. What other magazine features do you have coming up? ROSA:  I’m also on the cover of Ground Pounder Magazine.

LCN: You've been doing your thing. Im sure every man wants to know; will we see Rosa Acosta in Playboy?
ROSA: No, sorry guys.

LCN: Do you think shooting nude for a magazine such as Playboy or Hustler will hurt your marketability or minimize your respect?
ROSA: Welcome to America!!!  When you have a great marketing/PR team behind you, you can make people “respect” you after you do a sex tape, pose nude or become somebody’s (famous) mistress. But like I mentioned, I have no interest in shooting naked. I’ve already done a lot!
LCN: But I’m sure after seeing your work  photographers and editors have pursued you about posing nude. None have swayed you?
ROSA: I think I have shown you guys enough! Nobody has tried to make me pose nude at all. I don’t think I am in a position in my career and life where people can even try to make me do things. I make my own decisions and that’s not were I’m headed.

LCN: You don’t have any ink on your body. Why don’t you have any tats? Have you ever considered getting any? ROSA: I don’t have any tattoos and I would never get one either. It’s just not my thing.

LCN: Do you think some models limit their marketability by getting inked?
ROSA: Definitely. If you are trying to do commercials or get into acting it’s going to limit the type and amount of roles that you are going to get casted for. I don’t think a few tats would matter. But if you have a lot, it might limit you for some other type of jobs as well.

LCN: Excellent point Rosa. Your 2012 Stretching Calendar and video have to be one of the most creative concepts a model has recently done to showcase your talents. Unlike most models, you were a ballet dancer. What made you come along with this sexy and creative concept?
ROSA: The Calendar is ballet and fitness inspired. I know people recognize me from the stretching videos and the girls like the fact that I’m into fitness. They want to get in shape as well so I just mixed those two and came up with the idea. It was shot by Linkz Media Photographer and the BTS video was shot by Jabari Foster from DynastySeries.com.

LCN: Model Jasmin Cadavid was featured as LCN Model of the Month for October and she also has some serious flexibility herself. I asked her that if there was a showdown between you two in a “stretch off” competition who would win? She said she’s not sure but would be down for a challenge… Would you be down?
ROSA: Shout out to Jasmin and any other girl out there for being flexible but I don’t think I am in a position where I should be doing competitions … Do you? (Laughs)

LCN: Hell Yeah!! (Laughs) j/k. Well Rosa a lot of people see you as a beautiful model with a too good to be true figure. You obviously work your ass off and also been showcasing a lot of fitness tips and workouts on your site. What type of suggestions would you give to models looking to become fit and healthier lifestyle?
ROSA: Start somewhere. People always have an excuse to not drink water, eat unhealthy, or not workout. I have heard it all. So the minute you take the decision just do it. DO IT! Educate yourself!! People are still so ignorant to the facts on how to live a healthy lifestyle.


LCN: What type of diet do you follow and how often do you hit the gym?
ROSA: I don’t follow a diet. But I do live a very healthy lifestyle. I watch what I eat and my portions and I workout six days a week for about 1-2 hours a day.

LCN: What advantage do you have over other models in the industry?
ROSA: I really don’t compare myself to other models.

LCN: What’s the greatest compliment that you’re received as a model?
ROSA: Having the love and support from my fans

What would you say has been the most difficult part of modeling in the industry?
ROSA: I hate complaining... But maybe not having an regular schedule, not being able to attend important dates such as my best friend’s Bday party and etc.

LCN: Yeah, let's be real, you’ve been doing your thing for a while and still remain highly relevant and recommended in the industry. What keeps you motivated and what do you do to remain an asset to the industry?
ROSA: Ultimately it’s the public and the fans who decide how long you stay relevant in this industry, and so far, I have got so much love and support. I think I’m easy to work with and I do my best when involved in a project.  But I’m moving on to bigger and better things so you guys might not see a lot of me as far as Urban Modeling. I don’t have too many plans as far as modeling. I might retire from the Urban Modeling very soon. I already got what I wanted from it.

LCN: Wow, retirement is a huge step. What will become your primary focus when that move is made?
ROSA: I will still do appearances (host parties), but I’m definitely being more selective and taking less and less of those. I already shot with a few magazines that will be out next year so you still will see me in a few magazines. As for music videos, I’m only doing them if there’s a great treatment involved and I’m playing more of the role as an actress rather than just a video model. Therefore, I will still do a few things but not as much as I was doing. Fitness, acting, and some other business that aren’t industry related are my main goals.


LCN: Out of all of your features. What’s your sexiest shoot for you so far?
ROSA: I think everybody’s favorite is my shoot for King Magazine shoot.


LCN: I agree, it kind of reminds me of Tyra Banks SI cover issue. It was epic for you. What’s your opinion on blog sites that seem to target successful Urban Supermodels such as yourself with negative publicity? Do you have any rumors or falsifications that you would like to crush that have been put out there?
ROSA: Wish I had the time to clarify the things they said but I don’t. Smart people who are worried about their own life or problems would never believe the crap they post. I don’t have time to sit here an entertain that.

LCN: As you know, I follow you… I want to know; what the hell happened between you and Wale? Emotions were touched but you never really addressed the jabs he threw at you on twitter to avoid conflict & “twitter beef” Is everything cool between you two? (see twitter in sequential order from left to right)
 
ROSA: I love when people talk about me but I don’t talk about them. It only shows how insignificant they are to me but how important I am to them. But there is this misconception about rappers and males in general that they don’t have feelings or cry and I thought it was very nice from him to show otherwise. He sounded really cute crying all over twitter and interviews. God bless him...


LCN: Wow, ironically I just got word that Wale JUST apologized for the twitter beef with you on Funk Master Flex Show while promoting his album Ambition on Hot 97...
ROSA: I haven’t heard that interview and won’t bother in doing that because I DON’T need an apology from him. He is insignificant to me. I wish him the best and may God bless him. From the very beginning I could be responding to him in the same immature, disrespectful way he did. But I prefer to sit, watch, and laugh at the whole thing. That is if I actually had the time to sit and watch. I am too busy living my life to care about stupidity.

LCN: You also have been recently rumored to be linked with married actor Boris Kodjoe through a booty pic out of all things. Is that true?
ROSA: I have never even met him in person. I can’t even pronounce his last name. I’m not sure under which circumstances he ended up posting that one picture of me but I’m pretty sure it was a mistake.

LCN: Now I can believe that. He’s following more models than most photogrphers on twitter (laughs). How do you as a public figure/ model handle a tough situation such as that once it is released to the public eye?
ROSA: I don’t even waste time explaining myself. There’s zero drama in life.

LCN: This summer you admitted to being actively involved and pregnant with Rob Kardashian’s baby but sadly miscarried. Has that been difficult for you and how have you grown from that situation?
ROSA: (Laugh Out Loud) I am a pretty good actress I guess... Do you guys believe in Reality TV? Because I don’t…

LCN: I don't watch it honestly (laughs). Last time we talked, you were dealing with hair loss treatment? How have you been managing it and does this medical condition still affects you?
ROSA: I’m doing totally fine in that aspect! Thanks for asking.

LCN: We also discussed your relationship status. Sooo you still single… What’s your status now? (If not who’s the lucky guy)
ROSA: I’m in a relationship but I’m not going to tell you who he is because anyways you would not know... He is not in famous and I’m hoping to keep him as my secret.

LCN: Is it difficult for a guy to respect your work in a relationship? Does insecurity come into play with most guys?
ROSA: This is the first time I’ve been in a relationship since I’ve been modeling. I haven’t had any issues yet. I am in a very mature relationship, no fights, no playing games... just a lot of love, respect, and communication.

LCN: That’s always good. You also mentioned that you were still waiting on the wildest thing a man has done for you. Has that occurred yet?
ROSA: I’m not waiting anymore, my boyfriend is definitely the most creative person I ever meet. But I am going to keep the details of our relationship private.

LCN: What’s the wildest thing you’ve done in a relationship? Most girls I meet say “Invite a friend?” Would you do so as well?
ROSA: My relationships are between two people ONLY... I don’t need to invite third parties to spice up my relationship.

LCN: I saw your very sexy yet steamy video Omarion on your site rosaacosta.com for the first time yesterday. All I can say is damn because a friend was invited. That was some helluva acting (wink). Have you had any acting offers or roles come your way?
ROSA: (Laughs) Ha Ha Thanks! Me and Omarion are really good friends and I was very happy to be a part of the video. It was shot by Yolande Geralds who is also working with me on another acting project called ‘Los Blancos” about the story of two sisters who take over their family owned cocaine business. I’m also taking acting classes every week and working on some Spanish projects as well.
"Los Blancos" trailer:  http://vimeo.com/12998139

LCN: What makes Rosa Acosta sexy rather than the obvious?
ROSA: You need to get to know me … spend some time with me and I’ll show you!

LCN: If we were to go out sometime; how do you like to be romanced?
ROSA: Obviously with love, respect and sense of humor. But also by you being true to yourself. I don’t want you to be acting or doing things that you won’t be able to keep up with long term

          
LCN: What’s one thing about yourself that everyone should know?
ROSA: That I have an accent …

LCN: (Laughs) Ha-Ha. Where can we find you next luv?
ROSA: Promoting my workout DVD which is coming soon; and being a Fitness Spokesmodel. I am working on some acting and Spanish TV projects as well. I’m spending more time doing charity and volunteering at institutions that need help. Also my entrepreneur spirit is making major moves so I’m involved in a few projects that don’t have anything to do with the industry that I’m excited to work on.

LCN: What advice would you give the next aspiring model?
ROSA:  I think you asked me the same question on the last interview…

LCN: (Laughs) Yes I did, I was just testing you since it’s been a while. Let me ask this one again though. Do you have any shout outs?
ROSA: To all my supporters for the love ! Make sure you check out www.rosaacosta.com http://rosaacosta.bigcartel.com/ and www.rosaacostastore.com .
Follow me on twitter @RosaAcosta. Subscribe to my my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/therealrosaacosta and "Like" my official facebook page http://www.facebook.com/therealrosaacosta

No comments:

Post a Comment